Wednesday 20 March 2013

Lights, Disney, Action!

Sunday March 10th I went to Disney's Hollywood Studios. As with Epcot I arrived when the park opened and so I did get to walk around without too many people for a few minutes but the park did fill up quickly.

One of my favourite "rides" was the Studio Backlot Tour. We got to see how explosions and other special effects in movies are made which was really interesting. The first part of the tour was in front of a water tank where we got to see explosions and "bullets" hitting the water, and after that we went around and saw some props from movies and some more special effects. I would definitely recommend that for anyone that goes to Disney's Hollywood Studios.


They have also made fake New York and San Francisco skylines in the park, which was really cool to see. They look quite real from a distance but it's all just big painted walls and fake store fronts.


Another ride I really enjoyed was Star Tours, it's a Star Wars ride in 3D with motion simulation.


I also went to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid. A live show showing highlights from the movie. Most of it was okay, but unfortunately the girl that played Ariel couldn't hit an important high note and her singing went downhill from that point. I felt sorry for her but at the same time she shouldn't have gotten that job if she couldn't hit the notes.


I even went on the Tower of Terror! I should have paid more attention to what it was, I'm sure Nicky told me when she came back from Orlando, but for some reason I thought it was just your regular haunted house thing.... No!!! It''s one of those rides that goes slowly up and then fast down and then kind of bounces.... Not my kind of ride. I'm glad I hadn't eaten yet when I went on it, but I still thought it was horrible. Part of that feeling I think was because the seatbelt was just a regular one strap across your hips, I didn't feel very safe, I think I would have felt safer if I had been properly securely fastened with a big safety harness with straps over my shoulders and everything. As it was I could feel myself being lifted off the seat a couple of centimetres on the drops. I don't understand how people can take those rides over and over again! I had been thinking about being brave and going on the Rock'n'Roller Coaster after the Tower of Terror but I had enough of feeling nauseated that day.


Disney's Hollywood Studios has a parade every day called Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun! And it was fun to watch it, I had a big smile on my face the whole time.



I really liked Disney's Hollywood Studios, I would love to go back there as I didn't go on every single one of the rides but if I go back I want to go with someone. It's a nice park to just walk around in, they even have this group of people just wandering/driving around the park in costume all day doing random things like competitions and pretend radio dating shows.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...