Sunday 2 December 2012

Sense of humour?

Even before I worked for them I have always enjoyed XXL's ads on TV.

Not this Thursday but last Thursday, the store that I work for came out with a new ad. It was only shown after 9pm and not near any family films or programmes on TV. One week later it has been taken completely off TV just because some people complained about it and found it offensive.

I can understand how people don't think it's suitable for children, even though it's all set in daylight the zombies does look quite frightening. That's why it was only on in the late evening, but I don't understand why it had to be taken off TV completely!

I love the comment one of my friends came with: "Chris is very offended. Zombies are people too."

What do you think? Do you think it was right to take it completely off TV, or was it okay to show it after 9pm?


Here are the older ads if you're interested.

Some old teacher (as in now retired) actually wrote a letter to us about the following ad , saying he wanted it off TV because it encouraged bad behaviour and hooliganism in young people. Where are people's sense of humour?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I don't think that I have seen any of thier commercials.. but I will in a second. : ) Have a great new week.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Generally speaking, I believe in the off switch - if you don't like it ..... switch it off.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...