Saturday 10 November 2012

Dublin 28.10.12

I didn't really see that much on my first day in Dublin, although what I did see reminded me of most British towns. It's interesting to see the difference in old cities. Dublin is old, but it's nothing like Paris or Rome, its history is so different. I have to be honest, I was worried about walking around there on my own after dark.




I went to the Guinness Storehouse, well, I couldn't not go, it's Dublin!

I could smell the Guinness as I got closer to the Storehouse, apparently you can smell it from miles away in winter when the air is really crisp. It smells much better than it tastes!



The tour around the Storehouse was self-guided. It was really interesting to learn about the history of Guinness and how they make it.




Included in my ticket I could get a free pint of Guinness, I could either pull it myself or get it in the Gravity Bar at the end of the tour. I was tempted to pull one myself as I used to be able to make the shamrock back when I worked in the pub and it would be interesting to see if I could still do it after a few years... However if I pulled it myself I would have to drink it afterwards, whereas if I got it at the end of the tour I could get a soft drink instead... I REALLY don't like Guinness. It looks quite tasty with its thick head and dark ruby colour, but I tried some in the taste experience on the tour and I REALLY don't like it. So I went for the soft drink.


The Gravity Bar was nice. It was cool to get a bird's eye view of Dublin, it was quite busy though and everybody was sitting around the edges by the windows so I had to stand on my toes sometimes to be able to see the view. Apparently you can rent the Gravity Bar for events, I bet it would be great on a sunny day and clear night, but they would have to serve something else though!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...