Sunday 2 September 2012

Who wouldn't want to learn how to fly?

September has started, this being Norway, the snow might come any minute! Yesterday it was actually sunny AND warm, so I donned a skirt and t-shirt and went into the city with my dad's SLR camera. Unfortunately the lens was dirty, something I didn't notice until I looked at the pictures on the laptop at home later. Anyway...

One of the first things I saw when I got to the city was a couple of sky-divers with a big flag! It was really cool to watch them slowly descend with a giant Norwegian flag.
Once the sky-divers were so low they were out of sight I headed to the Opera house. It's actually the first time I've seen it up close. It was really nice to see people just lying down and relaxing in the sunlight around it and on the roof. There's not really that much of a nice view from the roof but I think it's nice that they've made it so that anyone can get up there.  Just remember to wear flat shoes if you're going up there though, it's not a place for heels!




After the opera house I just wandered around for a bit and took some random pictures. I must say that Oslo is not a city for heels at all. I kept getting my heel stuck in-between the cobblestones all day and the shoe came completely off my foot 4 times! Luckily it was just a short kitten heel that I was wearing.





I was listening to the radio on my phone as I was walking around the city, I was about to go home when I heard on the radio that there was going to be an air show outside the city hall so I decided to head there. There was loads of people there! It was really nice, they were celebrating the centennial of the Norwegian air force. The air-force band was playing music and there was lots to look at both for kids and adults. It was fun to watch the acrobatics of the planes. I didn't stay very long, it was just a bit to crowded for me to be able to enjoy it, especially since I was there alone.


For one of the planes, I think it was an F16, they made a big fuss about how noisy it was going to be, they were handing out ear plugs and kept warning people all the time about covering their ears... I have a bad ear and loud noises are really uncomfortable for me, but when the F16 finally came I didn't think it was very loud at all. Yes it was noisy but I didn't think it was so loud that people needed to cover their ears and use earplugs and the like, but I saw lots of people covering their ears the whole time the F16 was flying. I must say I was really impressed by the skill of the pilot flying it though!


A little upside-down flying
Flying super slow
Flying so high it's invisible
It would be cool to be able to fly like that, I walked past the recruitment booth they had set up for the occasion and I must admit it was slightly tempting to join, just to learn how to fly, but the whole having to work for them for a few years (which is fair since you get to learn for free) and go to war etc... No thank you!
All in all it was a nice day in the city, but remind me to buy some new flats before I go  next time!

2 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Such wonderful images, thanks for sharing them.

Melissa said...

Gorgeous photos. I will go to Oslo one day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...