Wednesday 6 June 2012

James and the giant peach

James and the Giant Peach
By Roald Dahl

Outer back cover: An enormous escaped rhinoceros from London Zoo has eaten James's parents. And it gets worse! James is packed off to live with his two really horrible aunts, Sponge and Spiker. Poor James is miserable, until something peculiar happens and James finds himself on the most wonderful and extraordinary journey he could ever imagine...

Who doesn't love Roald Dahl's books? I know I love them. I can't remember if I've read James and the Giant Peach before, I know I've seen the film which I also love, but it doesn't really matter because I can read Roald Dahl's books over and over again.

I love James and the giant peach, it made me laugh out loud a few times, and although I will still be scared of spiders after reading it I think this might be a good book to read to small children to maybe try and make them not be scared of spiders (or other bugs) when they get older.

If you haven't read it then you should read it!

Roald Dahl's books are nice for adults that fancy a quick and easy read, or for kids to start reading books, or for children that doesn't have English as a first language to maybe help with their English (except for all the made-up words), that was actually part of the reason why I bought this book for my sister a few years ago; to help with her English and because I thought she should read Roald Dahl.

This book is part of the You've got mail challenge and the What's in a name challenge (You can put a peach in your bag or backpack as lunch or a snack)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...