Friday 4 May 2012

Perth - Part 2


Written on: 27.04.12

I did the second half of the triple tour deluxe today. I got up early and took the bus in to the city from the hostel and then got the ferry from Perth to Freemantle. The ferry ride was really long! And the ferry was SO slow! I think it took about an hour and a half! The captain talked about what we saw along the river and it was quite interesting, I think I just got a bit bored because I didn’t realise it was going to take that long.
 When I got to Fremantle I took the fake tram (it’s just a bus that looks like a tram) to the prison for a guided tour. The tour was really good; the guide was funny and really knew what he was talking about. I wasn’t as affected as I was at Adelaide Gaol, probably because I was in a big group. I got the “Doing Time” tour at the prison, there are a few different tours to choose from, but that’s the one I got on my Triple tour deluxe ticket.


See the jailbirds? Haha!

 The tram picked me up as soon as the prison tour ended and took me to Cicerellos where I got my free lunch. The lunch was fish and chips, but since I don’t eat fish (I wouldn’t eat it even if I wasn’t vegetarian), I asked to just have the chips. It’s still free food. The staff at Cicerellos then actually offered me pineapple rings instead of the fish, which I gladly accepted. The portion was really big and I actually didn’t manage to finish it.

 After lunch I got picked up by the tram again, because I had finished eating early I had about 20 minutes to spare, so I wanted to check out the markets in the city. I tried to find them by going the way the tram driver pointed out but I couldn’t find them, maybe I just didn’t walk far enough. I gave up in the end and just had a look in the shops around where the tram would pick me up again.

 On the ferry on the way back to Perth I saw a few dolphins; unfortunately I didn’t get any good pictures of them.

There are 3 different free busses in Perth, the city cat. They have 3 different routes, one of them stops fairly close to the hostel so when I got off the ferry I just hopped straight on that one.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...