Saturday 19 May 2012

M&J Place Hostel


In Rome I stayed in M&J Place. Like most buildings in Rome it’s really old, but it’s got a certain charm to it. I stayed in a 10 bed mixed dorm which was just the right size for luggage etc.

The staff was really nice and helpful and the reception was open 24 hours so there was always someone there.

The bathroom on my floor was a “proper bathroom”. Only one person could use it at a time, which was nice because it meant you had loads of space and there were hooks for your things, but it also meant that I was nervous about keeping people waiting. The shower was in the ceiling, so it was a little bit annoying when I didn’t want my hair to get wet, but it was okay. The shower curtain didn’t really stop the water completely so the whole bathroom floor got wet when I took a shower.  

After I wrote the above paragraph I also found a shared bathroom on my floor (right across the hallway from my dorm… Not that I’m blind or anything…) with three shower stalls and two toilet stalls, so now I don’t feel so bad about occupying the big female one. But the shower stalls were really small and there was nowhere to put your things so that they didn't get wet.

They have breakfast, not free breakfast mind you, but you can go to reception and get a token for a buffet breakfast for €3 and use in the bar downstairs, at least it’s an all you can eat one, so if you have a big appetite you can really get your money’s worth. The buffet includes juice, toast, croissants and cereal.

In May they also did free internet, which was nice. Comes in handy when you don’t have a phone, and also for the blog.

There was no locker in the dorm, which was annoying especially since they could have easily fit some in. But at least it felt slightly safe since it was 24 hour reception and an electronic key card for the dorm doors. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...