Tuesday 20 March 2012

Filled aubergine

Today for dinner I made filled aubergines with a side of roasted vegetables and haloumi cheese.

The haloumi cheese didn't melt when roasted, it tasted really nice, but it had a weird rubber-y consistency. I could probably fry it and have it instead of meat in a salad or something. The vegetables I roasted with it was beetroot, which had been boiled beforehand as well, sweet potato and courgette.

For the filled aubergine I scooped out the aubergine, which I had to do with a knife as it was to hard to do with a spoon. Then I finely chopped what I had scooped out. Fried some mince (Quorn, as that's vegetarian) and garlic, threw in the finely chopped aubergine and some finely chopped mushrooms, some tomato pesto, soy sauce, water and seasoned it with some salt and pepper. I let that boil until the water was gone, then I put that filling into the scooped aubergines and put it in the oven for 20 minutes at 210 degrees C.

I put the vegetables in at the same time to roast, but they took a bit longer, so I wish I had put them in earlier, but it turned out okay, even though the eggplant filling got slightly burnt, but not so much that affected the taste at all, so it was fine.

It was quite tasty actually, I could have probably put even more different things into the filling, but it was nice just like that as well. I love cooking with out recipes sometimes and just make things up.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...