Monday 24 October 2011

There are monsters in the house!

As The Mother and I was talking together tonight, she suddenly told me to into the other room. Because of the way she acted I guessed she had probably just seen a spider.

I was right.

She managed to kill it. Huntsman, eurgh! I know they're not poisonous, that doesn't matter!

I'm glad she didn't tell me what it was at first as I would have probably had a small freak-out, especially as she was looking directly behind me as she was telling me to get out. I'm also very happy that she isn't as scared of spiders as me and that she respects and understand how scared of them I am.

Not one hour later she told me to get out of the room again. Another huntsman!! That one got closer. It runs so quickly!! And The Mother even said that one was slow!!! I don't like the sound of that! After she killed that one I went into my room and checked it for spiders, also my bathroom. None, phew!

Most of my life people have just been telling me to deal with it, or saying that there's no need to be scared of spiders, it's just a small one, etc, etc.

Phobia, definition: A persistent, abnormal and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

I think it seems silly when someone is scared of clowns or sand or whatever, but I try to respect it. IRRATIONAL FEAR!!! It's not like they can do anything about it. And I know a lot of people think I'm being silly for being as scared of spiders that I am, and although I can usually laugh about it later, I'm just as scared the next time I see one!

I've always been scared of spiders. For as long as I can remember anyway. My aunt's husband told me before I came to Australia: "At least in Australia you're allowed to be scared of them!" Very true I think, as poisonous ones does actually exist here.

I'm just glad I haven't seen a redback or anything yet, as since that is dangerous I would probably freak out even more than normal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We do have a lot of poisonous spiders here.. As well as 9 of the 10 most deadliest snakes..

So be careful!

xo
Luna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...