Thursday 20 October 2011

In Her Shoes

Book number 36 in the 100+ Reading Challenge.

In Her Shoes
by Jennifer Weiner

Outer back cover: Rose Feller is thirty; a successful lawyer with high hopes of a relationship with Jim, Mr Not-Quite-Right, a senior partner in her firm. The last thing she needs is her messed-up, only occasionally employed sister Maggie moving in: drinking, smoking, stealing her money - and her shoes - and spoiling her chance of romance. If only Maggie would grow up and settle down with a nice guy and a steady job.
Maggie is drop dead gorgeous and irresistible to men. She's going to make it big as a TV presenter, or a singer, or an actress. All she needs is a lucky break. What she doesn't need is her uptight sister Rose interfering in her life. If only Rose would lighten-up, have some fun - and learn how to use a pair of tweezers.
Rose and Maggie think they have nothing in common but a childhood tragedy, shared DNA and the same size feet, but they are about to find out that they're more alike than they'd ever believe.

A good book about sisters I think. I watched the movie a couple of years ago and I can remember I liked it, although I can't remember much else. It would be interesting to see it again now after I read the book and see what I think.

I could kind of relate more to Rose, I took her side of things in a way. Probably because of the whole older-sister thing. But Maggie was actually my favourite character.

I enjoyed reading about the changes in both of them, especially Maggie. And I wish I had Rose's shoes! I also liked Ella's story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...